MARKET REPORT - LAKE ANNA...Water Access Lots SOLD in 2011
There are three counties bordering Lake Anna. They are Louisa, Spotsylvania, and Orange Counties. Both Louisa and Spotsylvania encompass the majority of the countryside around Lake Anna while Orange County covers a much smaller section in the northwest area of the lake. This market report lists the 26 water access lots sold during 2011.
Water access lots are lots located off water. When we talk about water access lots we are actually including four categories:
- Water Access with a boat slip
- Water Access withouut an assigned boat slip
- Water View with an assigned boat slip
- 4. Water view without an assigned boat slip
Prices generally range from below $20,000 to over one hundred thousand dollars. Price is naturally based on a number of factors. They are:
- View of Lake Anna
- Square footage
- With or without assigned boat slip
- Lot condition
- Community amenities (including depth of water at common area/boat slips
Things that do not determine market value:
- Whether it is on the main lake or on the private side
- County location
Of all the types of properties sold at Lake Anna, water access lots without assigned boat sllips are generally the least expensive and have depreciated substantially during the recent recession.
Information obtain from the Metropolitan Regional Information System (MRIS) and is deemed to be reliable.