WE ARE OFTEN TOLD THAT OUR ATTITUDE WILL MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. It will determine how well we do in real estate and in other areas of our lives as well. What are you doing to make sure you have the best attitude possible?
We often read and are told about the many things that are important if we are going to be successful. Among the things we learn is how important it is to:
- Be flexible
- Keep our web sites fresh and informative
- Know our markets inside and out
- Be prepared to discuss real estate at a moment's notice
- Be current on pending and recently passed legislation on the local, state, and national level and how it may or may not affect our local market
- Answer all calls and e-mails from clients, prospects, fellow REALTORS® and everyone else as quickly as possible
- Focus solely on our clients when we are with them (take no phone calls, do not Twitter, etc.)
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics
- Remain in contact with prior clients and our sphere of influence
- Organize our contacts and stay in touch with them (you never know when they will be ready to buy)
- Keep our names and our faces in front of buyers and sellers in our market area
- Know the best places to advertise
- Know the means we used to attract our clients
- Develop goals both short term and long term
- Be aware of how we are doing in implementing means to achieve our goals
- Monitor if we are attaining our goals or hopefully passing them by
- Be sure to have a budget and are sticking to it
- Attend not just the required continuing education classes but additional ones as well to be better informed
- Keep abreast of changes in the financial markets and how it affects real estate
These are just some of the things we need to do. There are many, many others. If you would like to add to my list, please feel free to do so in your comment.
However, one of the most important things we need to do in order to be effective at doing all of the others is to be healthy. That may mean staying healthy or it could mean become healthy. For this to happen, we need to establish healthy eating, exercise and sufficient rest.
Being sufficiently rested prepares us to forge ahead and to do it with the right attitude. Remember attitude counts. People can tell if you like what you are doing or not.
We are inundated with information on the need to exercise and to maintain a healthy diet. Many of us must also think in terms of how much rest we give ourselves. Yes, it is a gift that we give ourselves.
Are you getting the rest, and that means down time as well as sleep time, to be equipped to be the best you can be?
Think about it and if you are not taking enough time for this seriously consider giving yourself the time beginning now. You may find that you become more successful and have a better time doing it than you thought possible.