The following are some of the most important things I have learned through the years on how to improve my business.
- Working my market area and only my area. Knowing it inside and out so that it truly became my neighborhood.
- Knowing how to get around my market without the need of a map or GPS.
- Being able to really know value which is extremely important not only to sellers but to buyers.
- Being an active participant in my community.
- There is still a place in this business for print material (personalized postcards such as just listed and just sold with photos of the property), mailing market reports to owners within specific subdivisions around Lake Anna, writing a market report for a semi-annual publication, writing real estate related articles for another local publication.
- Blogging, especially about real estate within the area I serve and local information. Photos I have taken are an important element in my blogging.
- Balance - living the lifestyle I am selling...the more I enjoy living at Lake Anna the easier it is to share my enthusiasm with others. Not allowing myself to burn out and knowing that earning every last dollar is not paramount with me. What is, is doing the best job possible for each and every transaction.
- Boat tours - If you have a bit of imagination you will picture the fun and the information provided by a nice boat tour along with a bit of Lake Anna 101. There really is a lot of information to learn, especially for those new to the lake, and providing that along with a leisurely ride in the pontoon is a great introduction to lake living.
- Continuing education - not the minimum but as many hours as I can fit in supplementing it with a healthy dose of Active Rain...there is much to learn here.
- Respect my fellow Realtors® and conduct my business so they will respect me.
©Copyright Kate Elim 2013
GET MOVING WITH KATE!
For easy property searches check out my web sites: katesellslakeanna.com